<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7037635?origin\x3dhttp://queen-ain.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
.Thursday, July 27, 2006 ' 8:05 PM Y
i love you, i love you Y

On the 24th of July, I was posted to obstetric ward in SGH. It was an unforgettable learning experience. I so love it very much. On the 1st day was mainly an orientation about the ward and I was attached to C class ward. Nothing much on the 1st day. 2nd day, me and Shasha were posted to the labour ward. And oh my God. Up til now I still could not forget what I've seen. Normal vaginal delivery right infront of my eyes! I was trembling when I saw the baby's head coming out. My whole hands were shaky. It was a fast procedure like in 10mins the baby was out. But in that 10mins was enough for me to feel all sorts of emotions. I saw how the midwife cut the baby's cord, pulled out the placenta, squeezed the blood out of the cord and the doctor stitching the "torn" vagina. Wow! It's really interesting. I could also feel the happiness when the baby was safely born. It was a heart warming experience. But only God knows how painful the mother went through. On the 3rd day, me and shasha was posted to Obstetric and Gynaegology Clinic. I saw mostly pap smear and some vaginal biopsy (i guess) done and also hearing of the baby's heart beat and seeing ultrasound (scanning of the baby). Not to forget, on the same day that morning, I was assessed by the lecturer on infant bathing. Gosh! The baby was sooo cute and beautiful. It was scary bathing someone's else child. It's a huge responsibility. However, I manage to pull through. Hehe! 4th day (which is today), I was posted to B1 ward. It was kinda boring as not much work to do. Except for the part whereby I helped that woman carry her baby from the baby cot to under her arms. Hehe! I so love handling babies. Also did 1 sitz bath and attended the parent craft session where one of the staff nurses educate the mothers or fathers on how 2 bathe and feed baby. Well, tomorrow is the best part of all! Me and shasha will be going to the nursery where our job if only care for the baby. Bathe babies. Feed babies. Burp babies. Play with babies. Change diapers. Oh I just cant wait! I want more of theseeeee...