<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7037635?origin\x3dhttp://queen-ain.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
.Saturday, July 05, 2008 ' 10:56 AM Y
i love you, i love you Y

I'm gonna blog today because I'm bored and also because I've got plenty of times before going to Iylia's sister wedding with my frenz whom I haven't met for soo long. It's a lucky thing that Naza drives and can pick me up or else I'll be quite lazy to go because I've been overly exhausted this few days especially when work has really started for me. I started my foundation programme on 28 April and it ended on 26 May. Then I was posted to the operating theatre and has to go through another round of orientation plus special postings til 20th June and finally I was permanently posted to the PACU. And that was like two weeks ago since I started. And in that 2 weeks, I've learnt almost everything including how to function in the work process. It was absolutely and totally a new environment for me and different from the ward setting but I'm actually quite impressed with myself for being able to handle many things in just two weeks. For patient care, I was tagged with my preceptor for only 5-6 days and I was put to stand alone til now. Eventhough I can go crazy when all my patients come at the same time to the cubicles I'm in-charge of and it took me quite a while to settle down, I still feel okay coz it's only 2 weeks since I started. I hope as day by day past by, I could be more efficient. Oh and working in this setting is not only about taking care of patients but also plus the daily assignments ur given to do. I think of all the assignments I was given to do, I hate handling PCAs the most. Because 1st, ur given 2 cubicles for ur patients and the 2 cubicles are located near to the transfer zone to reception. 2nd, nurses fetching patients will keep calling you and reception people will also keep calling you and HCA's returning PCAs will keep calling you. And 3rd, there you are with sometimes more than 10 PCAs came back waiting for you to clean them and put them in place and update the forms of PCAs returned plus there you are having patients to monitor every 5mins or worst having patients come to ur cubicle and documentations all haven't yet settled. And all these could happen at the same time. Yes. Work is really crazy and superly exhausted. If only life would be more easier, you'll feel it longer. What makes life feel shorter is because you barely have time to enjoy most of the hours given to your life. You work 47.5 hours per week, sleep 56 hours per week and that's only if ur lucky enough to get 8 hours of sleep per day which barely any of us could do, and ur given 168 hours per week. 168 minus 47.5 minus 56 gives you 64.5 hours left for you to enjoy your life. Minus 24 hours for your off day and ur left with 40.5 hours which allows you only 6 hours per day to meet your boyfriend, to meet ur friends and to spend time with your family. Not exactly 6 hours. 4 hours I shall say because you need to put aside 2 hours to get up early morning to get ready to work plus journey time to your work. OR you're given the choice to have 6 hours still to go out with friends, boyfriends etc and dig the 2 hours from your sleeping time leaving you with 6 hours of sleep. And that gonna gives you less energy to work the following day. Oh life is really difficult don't you think so? *BIG SIGHS*